FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Working Hours: Days and hours of work vary by shift. Days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays will be required as schedule demands.
- A college degree or a certification in a health-related field or equivalent work experience preferred
- Medical Assistant, LPN, EMT or similar background preferred
- Medical terminology knowledge preferred
- Possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Possess effective communication and listening skills
- Motivated, self-confident and the ability to multi-task required
- The ability to practice with a high degree of autonomy in a self-directed manner that demonstrates innovation and creativity
- Possess the ability to work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team
- Consistent demonstration of attention to detail, precision, accuracy and customer satisfaction
- Ability to utilize general office equipment, software and basic computer skills
- Valid driver’s license, reliable automobile and proof of automobile insurance
- Ability to work 40 hours per week day shift, evening shift or overnight shift as indicated above (with occasional day, evening, overnight, weekend and holiday coverage)
This position is responsible for assisting tissue services with initial screening of patients to determine suitability for tissue donation, approaching families for authorization for tissue donation, and completion of medical/social history on each potential donor in person or via telephone. The position is also responsible for tissue services support such as database entry and other office duties necessary to ensure proper processing of donors according to FDA and AATB standards.