Working Hours: Flexible; Provides “on-call services” for family care services. Must work 8 shifts (6-12 hours) and one Saturday and Sunday shift per month.
- Two years of work or volunteer experience in the area of family support services preferred
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving abilities to analyze issues and situations
- Ability to work collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team
- Supports organ and tissue donation
- Valid driver’s license, reliable automobile, and proof of automobile insurance
- Personal cell phone that can be used for referral notification and work communications
- Knowledge of African American customs and preferences and experience working/volunteering in African American communities
This position is responsible for assisting the family care and organ recovery staff in supporting families through the authorization process in hospitals located within the following counties: Shelby, Tipton, and Fayette Counties in Tennessee, Crittenden County in Arkansas and DeSoto County in Mississippi. This position is dedicated to achieving the primary objectives of (1) maximizing organ and tissue donation and (2) providing the utmost care and support to potential culturally relevant donor families.