Volunteer-In-Action Training Sessions Schedule 6pm – MSTF office:
• 1st Qtr Thursday, January 19, 2017
• 2nd Qtr Tuesday, May 2, 2017
• 3rd Qtr Thursday, June 15, 2017
• 4th Qtr Tuesday, October 24, 2017
Volunteers Make a Difference
Volunteers are key to our success. Since many volunteers are either recipients or donor families, their personal struggles have a tremendous impact on others and enlighten them about the process and success of transplantation.
Volunteers are needed in every aspect of public and professional education. The Mid-South Transplant Foundation Volunteers-In-Action Program is designed to provide volunteers an avenue for training and the resources available to educate individuals about the great benefits of organ and tissue donation. Volunteers are part of the circle of donation. See Calendar of Events for upcoming sessions.
About the Educator Program
Volunteers have always been a vital part of the education efforts at Mid-South Transplant Foundation (MSTF). Over the last five years, the need for volunteers has increased tenfold. We know that on a whole, the general public is aware of organ and tissue donation. The procurement industry is now trying to fine-tune our message about donation and offer innovative and exciting vehicles to learn about donation issues.
As a trained member of the Volunteers-in-Action, many different types of volunteer opportunities are available, including:
Making presentations to:
• Community Organizations
• Driving Schools
• Staffing Community Health Fair and Special Event Displays
• Assisting MSTF with Professional Presentations
• Participating in Media Interviews and Programs
• Providing a Testimonial about Your Donation/Transplant Experience
• Assisting the MSTF Staff with Specific Office Projects
Call 901-328-4438 or toll free at 877-228-5433.